Popular Posts

Friday, February 20, 2015

And The Loser Gets ........ The Oscar Swag Bag

If you read this blog you are aware I am not a big fan of the Oscars as, in my opinion, they are not representative of  today's movie industry and what drives it.

However, I do love the hypocrisy and self-indulgence of Hollywood and the Oscar's swag (goodie) bag demonstrates just that.  This year's swag is valued at $125,000 and is given to all of the nominees for any Award - win or loose.  Each year I present a glimpse of what the bag contains, so here goes.

- 3 night stay at a Tuscany resort - $1,500
- Luxury train ride through the Canadian Rockies - $14,000
- French Mediterranean Sea Salts - $1,500
- Candy & Dessert Buffet - $800
- One Year's Rental of Audi A4 - $20,000
- Reset Lifestyle Makeover Package - $14,200
My favorite: His/Hers Mace Guns
- Robotic Hair Transplant System - $16,000
- 'O' Shot - Female Libido Rejuvenation Treatment - $2,700
- His & Hers Mace Attack Repellent - $120
- Leather iPhone Case - $230
- Sampling of Maple Syrups - $280
- Home Visit/Show of Le Petite Cirque - $575
- Mexico vacation at Ocean Casa - $3,300
and so on

You've got to love it. I often wonder if the winners have the time to take all of the trips - my guess is Yes! An yes, I'm going to get me a camo Mace gun.


No comments:

Post a Comment