Popular Posts

Sunday, September 15, 2024

Winslet Says Female Actors Aren't "Brave"

 


Kate Winslet was quoted by Time Magazine as saying she felt female actors who show their bodies or don't wear makeup on camera aren't brave. 

Winslet, who is promoting her new film, "Lee" (about the life of WWII photographer Lee Miller) said she was adamant that a body double not be used in the nude scenes of the film. 

"That's not fucking brave" said Winslet, " I'm not fighting for justice. I'm doing a job. There's a bit where I am sitting on a bench in a bikini and one of the crew came up between takes to say I may want to sit up straighter to lessen my belly rolls, No Way."

When asked about wearing makeup, she quipped, "Looking less than perfect on screen is what I take pride in because it is my life on my face. It wouldn't occur to me to cover that up. I'm more comfortable with myself as each year passes."

"Lee" is scheduled for release on September 27th and is a must see. Winslet is a great actor and has gotten better and better over time.

By: Jim Lavorato

No comments:

Post a Comment